Melissa Kaylene: Fun with Corks (Cork Crafts)
Image Map

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fun with Corks (Cork Crafts)

simple cork napkin holder

It all started when I met my husband and was introduced to wine...thus slowly began collecting the corks off of the bottles we consumed. He is a manager for a vineyard as well, so he had a collection of corks as well. I designated an old clear glass vase that I will toss them in as we come across them. I kept them thinking that someday I would make SOMETHING with them.

Then one day an idea occurred to me. I had been wanting a napkin holder for quite some time now, but hadn't a.) found one I liked, that was b.) in my budget and price range. So that is when a light bulb popped into my head and I began eyeing those corks that were just sitting there, waiting to be reused. I grabbed a glue gun and went to work.

I glued one row of corks together for a base, then two rows together for sides.

wine cork craft ideas

I then glued all of the sides together and added tops from champagne corks that I had for a little bit of a decorative edge

wine cork ideas

And voila'!

wine cork craft ideas

It isn't the prettiest napkin holder ever, but it has held up really well for the past year and a half, and its a conversation starter when guests come over!

wine cork napkind holder
cork craft idea

I have also made a couple cork boards, still haven't completely implemented them in the house, but I'm pretty pleased with how they have turned out.

cork crafts
cork craft idea

And that is my cork creativity! I've heard of people making mats with the corks too... any other ideas for reusing corks???

                                                                   ~Melissa

2 comments:

  1. That napkin holder is really cute! It looks like your own mini castle! You are always so creative! Look out Martha Stewart! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! My parents drink a lot of wine and collect the corks. I may just have to steal some the next time I visit and make them something nice out of it...or send them to someone who can!

    If I tried I would glue my fingers to the napkin holder for sure! :-)

    ReplyDelete