Melissa Kaylene: Oh a Camping We Will Go....
Image Map

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Oh a Camping We Will Go....

Wow. August has flown by. Time flies by. Believe me, after you have children nothing about life is slow. Camping was great. We camped on Beverly Beach, which is just a quick walk down to the beach. We camped with three other groups, which we had never done before, so it was nice to hang out with family/friends.
The weather could have been a little warmer. The high was about 64. But other than that, it was fab. We made a "smore"gasborg station and had the usual, plus chocolate graham crackers, gigantic marshmallows and Reese's. We played the game of Redneck Life, which is like the game of Life, only funnier ;).
After camping my kiddos got a 24hr stomach bug AGAIN. Where is all this sickness coming from in August??? Not cool.
This week has been busy, taking care of my sickies, school shopping, blackberry picking, and now I'm getting ready for our annual end of summer BBQ. It's tomorrow night, and our theme is Blue Moon BBQ and Bunko! This will be my first time playing Bunko so it should be fun :) I'm keeping food simply this time, we're having hamburgers, corn on the cob, potato salad, baked beans, watermelon...you know, all the good basic stuff that screams summer, reuniting for one last meal! I'm also baking some apple and blackberry pies.
I'm sure there will be a post on our party! I hope everyone has a great end of summer and a fabulous Labor Day weekend!

Love my little girl

They have to have their am coffee ;)
The only way to camp...coffee and pancakes, complete with a propane heater for the chef!
Anika and her way cool grandma
Sexy.Camping sexy.
We built a fire on the beach and feasted on homemade chili, cornbread, and zucchini and banana bread!
Ken working hard on his sand castle
The "it" spot for the kids...a fallen tree. What a view.
bottoms up boys!
Wayne and I
The biggest smore you'll ever see ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment