Melissa Kaylene: Resolutions and Life/Bucket Lists
Image Map

Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolutions and Life/Bucket Lists

As we ring in the New Year many of us are busily creating our New Year's Resolutions - loose that last 10lbs, exercise more, spend less, etc. I do not make resolutions -as I feel those just become broken once the champagne has worn off.

I set goals.

But I feel maybe I do need to dream a little, and this is where a bucket list would come in great.
I'm sure you've heard of them - and perhaps even seen the movie. It's a list you create of all the things you want to do/accomplish before you die. I hadn't really thought about bucket lists much until a friend of mine asked for help to check off one of his items.

On his list was to buy and try a bottle of Dom Perignom. Not wanting to shell out the $140+ dollars for the bottle, he approached a couple of us to see if we would like to all go in together on one.

Hello. Of course I said yes.

We purchased; we tasted. He checked one off the list, and I got to thinking about mine.

The wheels in my head began to turn.

We only live once, shouldn't we want to and strive to be able to try things/do things to make us happy?

But the list I am creating isn't a list of things to do before I die. My list is a list of things I want to do that will ultimately define my life.

If you know me (by any minuscule amount by now) you've probably guessed it by now.

Italy.

I encourage you to sit down for 30 minutes and think of your own.

And how was the Dom Perignom you might ask? Good. I personally don't think I'd shell out the full amount for a bottle, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to try it.
 
~Melissa





 

No comments:

Post a Comment