Melissa Kaylene: Yes, I'm alive.
Image Map

Monday, December 10, 2012

Yes, I'm alive.

No, I promise I didn't disappear, I'm still here; I haven't forgotten about you! Things have been so busy lately, so much busier and more chaotic then just your normal holiday activity hustle and bustle. I had a couple great posts written several days ago, and this Blogger app doesn't work well at all! It froze the blogs during publishing and I have been unable to retrieve them. Super frustrating. So it has taken me until now to attempt to write on this app again, and I do hope this one will be published. (As most of you recall my computer motherboard went out several weeks ago, and I'm now stuck using my phone for a while). Do any of you use the Blogger app? I have tried to just post from my phones internet, but for some reason it won't let me upload pictures from that way.
Well, the kids have all had their Christmas programs and the big day is nearly here. I'm not so ready this year, but that's okay....we will make it as special as we can for the kiddos.
I sat down with my husband and had THE talk. You know, finances. Ours were not looking so hot and we had to strap down and really tighten up our budget. We are both going to work really hard to spend less, stick with the budget and our goals. Tis the time of the year to start fresh after all! I will go into more details later, but for now here's a glimpse at my financial goals for 2013
1. Pay off our dental bills by Feb.
2. Pay off our car by April
3. Pay down the obscene amount on our credit card by the end of the year
4. Start adding to our savings every month in April.
If we can accomplish this, then we can start saving for my dream goal: Italy for my 30th birthday ....which is 2 1/2 years away.
We have had other changes around here, we have had a house guest for a few months now, and now my sister recently moved in as well until she can get back on her feet. So its a pretty full house at the moment!
Project wise I've been busily de-cluttering the house, and I'm proud to say so far four garbage bags full of things have been donated. I'm also working on a quilt for Emma. Her 5th birthday is next month and I've taken all of her favorite baby clothes and am attempting to create a little masterpiece for her.
In other sad news, my stepmom just  lost her job, and her father who has been battling cancer for a few months took a turn for the worse, and he had a stroke. Turns out the cancer has metastisized and he has tumors on his spinal cord and brain. We just found this out today. He is currently in the ICU at OHSU and we are not sure whether they will operate or not.
Life is short. Make the most of it. Love every day. You just never know <3
                                - Melissa 



No comments:

Post a Comment