Melissa Kaylene: Black and Blueberry Smoothie Recipe Paired with a Snack Bar
Image Map

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Black and Blueberry Smoothie Recipe Paired with a Snack Bar

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
Black and Blueberry Smoothie #barnutrition #collectivebias #shop

One of the things I hate most after going on a trip, and camping in particular, is the unpacking, cleaning and reorganizing of everything. I swear our car always seems fuller on the way home – isn't it supposed to get lighter after we've gone through a bunch of food? Yes, today was spent attempting to get things back in order, and to top it off it was like a bazillion degrees outside (okay, like 91) and I was exhausted, and before I knew it, it was lunchtime. A lot of times on weekdays I’ll walk the kids down to our town’s summer lunch program and let them eat at the school and then when we get back I’ll work on leftovers for or make a salad for myself, but when it gets super warm like it was today I don’t feel like eating a whole lot, so often times I’ll just eat a snack bar and make a quick berry smoothie to tide me over for a few hours. It’s also my go-to food when I’m in a hurry and need something nutritious to keep my body functioning during the day!

When we stopped by Walmart last week to stock up on things for our road trip, I picked up some of these Life Choice Bars that I found in the cereal aisle. They were pretty inexpensive and well, I've had to actually hide them from my kids because they keep trying to eat them all! J

Black and Blueberry Smoothie #barnutrition #collectivebias #shop
Black and Blueberry Smoothie #barnutrition #collectivebias #shop

I make random smoothies frequently, not really measuring but just ‘eye-balling’ it, but I did you a favor and actually broke out the measuring cup today and wrote everything down to share. 

You’re welcome. ;)

Black and Blueberry Smoothie #barnutrition #collectivebias #shop

Black and Blue Berry Smoothie

Makes two servings

1 cup of Greek vanilla yogurt
1 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
½ cup of black or Marion berries (fresh or frozen)
2 tsp of honey
1/3 cup of apple juice
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
1 ½ cups of ice

Combine ingredients into a blender and blend until ice is crushed and everything is mixed well. Pour into a cool glass and enjoy!

Black and Blueberry Smoothie #barnutrition #collectivebias #shop

I used frozen berries this time – one thing I do every summer is pick a bunch of blueberries with the kids and freeze them all with my vacuum sealer so that I can use them all year long in many different recipes.

Berry smoothies and chocolate bars? Could there be a tastier meal around that gives you the nutrients your body needs?

Black and Blueberry Smoothie #barnutrition #collectivebias #shop
Black and Blueberry Smoothie #barnutrition #collectivebias #shop
Thanks to #CollectiveBias #BarNutrition for letting me share my recipe with you!

As for me and my unpacking – besides the pile of laundry I have yet to wash, everything is cleaned and put away until our next family adventure!

~Melissa

6 comments:

  1. Must try! We are total berry nuts (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries... yummm), so anything that we can throw them into is a bonus. And I've been meaning to try out my new blender.

    Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from the No Rules Weekend blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family is just about to head out on a trip so now I know what to pack for busy days when I don't have time or don't feel like eating a meal. #client

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to try these very soon, I tend to skip meals more often that I would like to admit.
    Have a nice week, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love smoothie ideas!! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FoodSavers are hoover the labels devices that assist you to save your valuable meal much longer than normal. A great investment with this sort of product will pay for themselves sooner or later with meal that may be had in addition to enjoyed instead of lost on account of spoilage read more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete