Melissa Kaylene: Living Locally: Howloween at The Oregon Zoo
Image Map

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Living Locally: Howloween at The Oregon Zoo


Hey everyone! This past week has been so incredibly busy that I’ve barely even had a chance to say “hello” on here. On top of my normal routines Anika started basketball practice and I filled in for someone who was on vacation all week at work – so the week just flew by!

A couple of weeks ago (the day we went to see Disney on Ice actually) we went up to visit The Oregon Zoo. We always have a great time when we head up to the zoo – it seems as if there’s always something new going on or different animals that are out to be seen.


The Oregon Zoo had a Howloween event happening that weekend, which was just something to make the visit even more exciting for little ones.  Kids could dress up in costumes if they wished, and then they were on a scavenger hunt to find stations that had little games and candy for them.


The weather had been pretty nasty most of the weekend, but by the time we went Sunday afternoon things held off and it was actually pretty nice outside. It was a great time to go because there were fewer crowds than normal so it wasn’t as difficult keeping track of all three kids (Like the time I went HERE).


The next big event happening at The Oregon Zoo is Zoolights! It runs November 28th-Jan 4th this year and the Zoolights train will be back this year! (HERE are some pictures I took from our visit last year!)


There’s just something about a visit to the zoo that brings back all of those nostalgic memories of our first visits when we were children. I can only hope that someday my kids will look back and recall all of the fun visits we had together at The Oregon Zoo.

~Melissa
Full Disclosure: My family and I were given free admission to The Oregon Zoo, no compensation was received. All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment